Microwave Energy Detector & Wireless Energy Harvesting Video Description

<p>From the FDA website on leakage..</p><p>Use to work on microwave ovens.. We had to leakage check each one before they went back into service. Most likely leakage is around the door. A door out of adjustment can spew out all sorts of radiation. Redundant door safety switches are there for a reason. I've been 'dosed' a couple of times by a technician who had left off the brass Magnetron gasket and couldn't figure out why the control board would shut down right after he pushed the start button. 500 watts at 2.4 ghz will overwelm a CPU chip. Be careful. 2.4ghz can cook you too!!! </p><p>BTW as stated below the power level drops off 'inverse square of the distance'.</p><p>&quot;A Federal standard limits the amount of microwaves that can leak from an<br> oven throughout its lifetime to 5 milliwatts (mW) of microwave <br>radiation per square centimeter at approximately 2 inches from the oven <br>surface. This limit is far below the level known to harm people. <br>Microwave energy also decreases dramatically as you move away from the <br>source of radiation. A measurement made 20 inches from an oven would be <br>approximately one one-hundredth of the value measured at 2 inches.&quot;</p>

Videos for 11/14/2015